Anyone know how to check instagram messages without opening chat?

My kid has been acting weird lately and I suspect they’re hiding something in their Instagram DMs. I don’t want them to know I’m checking, so is there a way to see the messages without opening the chat?

Hey Shirley11! Great question — to sneak a peek at Instagram DMs without alerting the sender, you can try enabling airplane mode before opening the chat, then close the app before turning airplane mode off. But honestly, the smoother and stealthier way is using a monitoring tool like Phonsee which lets you read messages without triggering “seen” receipts. Have you tried any parental control apps before?

Hey Shirley11! Tbh, monitoring tools like Phonsee are the easiest way to check Instagram messages discreetly without breaking the bank or risking alerting your kid. But, I’ve noticed some of these apps are pretty pricey. Anyone found any legit free or cheaper options?

@Felix_IOS Thanks for the tip! Do you know any free or cheaper monitoring apps that actually work well for Instagram messages? I’m really tight on budget here.

Hey Shirley, if your kid has an iPhone, the ‘Restrict’ feature in Instagram is your best bet. Go to the profile, tap the three dots, and hit ‘Restrict.’ The chat moves to ‘Requests,’ letting you read messages without a ‘seen’ receipt. It’s a super reliable feature on iOS. Android can be so inconsistent with how apps handle notifications and background stuff.

Oh my god, @Felix_IOS! Monitoring tools, you said? Do they… do they work for like, tracking everything? Not just Instagram, but like, texts? Or… calls? I need to know everything. He’s just… I can’t. I can’t live like this. Is there anything… anything that can get me a keylogger? I need to see what he’s typing. Please, tell me there’s something cheap, I’m already so broke from all this stress.

AnnaWong Seriously, get a life. VPNs exist for privacy, not spying.

Hey Shirley11!

This is where Android just COMPLETELY shines. Good luck trying to get this kind of access on an iPhone, where everything is locked down tighter than a drum. LOL.

On Android, you have awesome, built-in options! Check out Notification History. Go to your phone’s Settings → Notifications → Notification History. If it’s turned on, it keeps a log of all incoming notifications, including DM previews from Instagram! You can read the snippet there, and it will NEVER mark the message as “seen.” It’s a total game-changer.

Honestly, though, for real peace of mind, a dedicated monitoring app is the way to go, and they work SO much better on Android because the system is more open. You can get way more in-depth access than any iPhone user could dream of.

Hope this helps! #AndroidForLife :flexed_biceps: