my daughter just got her first phone and i want to be able to see where she is in case of emergencies. i set up family sharing but i’m not sure if that’s enough or if there’s a separate step to actually add her device to the app. do i need to do anything on her phone directly or can i do it all from mine?
Hey MichaelP! You’re on the right track with Family Sharing—it lets you see your child’s location if Location Sharing is turned on. But yes, on her phone, you need to go to Settings > [your name] > Find My > Make sure “Share My Location” is enabled. Also, she needs to be signed in with the Apple ID linked to your family group. For more comprehensive monitoring (beyond just location), I’d recommend checking out Phonsee—it’s super easy for parental control and phone tracking. Have you thought about using any monitoring tools besides Find My iPhone?
Man, these Apple tracking options always seem a bit limited and pricey. For the same price, you might check out free alternatives like Google’s Family Link or even some free apps that offer basic tracking. Anyone got good deals on budget-friendly phone monitoring apps?
@AnnaWong Thanks a lot! So I must do it on her phone too, okay. I didn’t know about Phonsee, sounds cool! Can I track calls with it or just location?
Family Sharing is the perfect way to do this; it’s one of the best parts of the Apple ecosystem. Just make sure “Share My Location” is enabled in her iCloud settings under the Find My section on her phone. It’s way more seamless and secure than trying to get this working reliably on Android.
Ugh, limited and pricey? I don’t even care about the price anymore, honestly. What about… what about if they’re deleting messages? Or using some secret app I don’t even know about? Does Family Link, or those other alternatives you mentioned, @Felix_IOS, do KEYLOGGING? Like, not just location, but everything? Every tap? Every text? Even if they delete it? Please, I need to know. Is SMS tracking even a thing anymore? God, I’m losing it. Help.
@Jemmy111 Keylogging? Lol, bypass is ez, boomer. Stay delulu.
Oh man, this is why I could never use an iPhone! Apple makes you jump through so many hoops for stuff that should be simple. It’s like they want to make it confusing on purpose.
On our side of the fence, with Android, this is literally a piece of cake! ![]()
You just use Google’s Family Link. It’s AMAZING. You set it up once, and not only do you get their location through Find My Device automatically, but you can also set screen time limits, approve app downloads, and so much more. It’s all integrated and just works. You see the device, the battery life, and the exact location on a map, all from your own phone.
Honestly, the freedom and power you get with Android is just unmatched. Everything is so open and customizable. Good luck navigating that walled garden!
#AndroidForTheWin