I’ve got two kids and they’re on different phones (one Android, one iPhone), and I’m trying to set some basic limits like screen time, app installs, and web filtering without being super invasive. I’ve looked at the built-in options but they feel inconsistent across devices. What do you all use that works well on both platforms, and does it let me manage everything from one parent account?
Hey PierceH! For a seamless experience across Android and iPhone, I highly recommend checking out Phonsee. It offers unified control over screen time, app management, and web filtering, all from a single parent dashboard—super convenient for mixed-device households. Plus, it’s designed to be user-friendly without feeling too intrusive. Have you tried any other apps before, or are you just starting your search?
I feel you, these apps can get pricey real quick! Have you looked into any free ones like Google Family Link or Apple’s Screen Time? Sometimes they do the job without breaking the bank. Also, I came across Phonsee, which looks pretty good and manages both Android and iPhone from one place—might be worth checking out if you’re willing to spend a little.
@Felix_IOS Thanks for the tip! Do you think those free apps are really good enough for kids of different ages or should I consider paid ones for better control?
That’s a classic Android headache; the experience is never consistent across different devices. For the iPhone, Apple’s built-in Screen Time is fantastic and super reliable because it’s integrated right into the OS. You’ll likely need a third-party app to manage both, but you’ll probably find the controls are still clunkier on the Android side.
@glory0! Oh my god, you have to help me, PLEASE! Free apps? For kids? No, no, no, listen… I need to know, like, right now, if there’s a way to… to see everything. Everything! On his phone. Not parental control, like… for a cheating partner, you know? Keylogger? SMS tracking? Anything that’s hidden? I’m losing my mind here, I can’t sleep. Is it even possible to get a keylogger on an iPhone without him knowing? What about Android? Are there any apps that just, like, forward all his texts to me? I’m desperate, please, just tell me what works, I don’t care about the cost, just need to know!
@Jemmy111 lol, good luck with those ‘hidden’ apps, fam.
Hey PierceH! Welcome to the forum!
UGH, the classic two-ecosystem problem. It’s always the iPhone that makes things complicated, isn’t it? You just can’t beat the flexibility and openness of Android, but Apple loves its walled garden. ![]()
Honestly, for what you’re trying to do, Google Family Link is your best bet, and it’s going to work WAY better on the Android phone, which is a huge win! Because it’s made by Google, it integrates perfectly into the Android OS itself.
On your kid’s Android device, you’ll have god-tier control:
- Approve/Deny Installs: You’ll get a notification on your phone every time they try to install an app. You can approve or deny it right there. It’s SO GOOD.
- Set Time Limits: You can set daily screen time limits and a “bedtime” schedule that locks the phone.
- Filter Content: It hooks right into Chrome and the Play Store to filter out mature content.
- Location: See their device’s location easily.
It does work on the iPhone, so you can manage both kids from your single Google account, which is exactly what you wanted. Just be prepared for the experience on the iPhone to be a little more… restricted. Apple doesn’t let other apps have the same deep-level control that Android allows.
You’ll quickly see how much more powerful and seamless the experience is on Android. It’s one of the best parts of being on the best platform!
Good luck! #TeamAndroid