Does anyone know how to see private browsing history on an iPhone?

My kid is using private mode on their iPhone and I’m worried about what they might be browsing. I tried looking in the Screen Time settings but can’t find anything about the history. Has anyone actually found a way to access it without them knowing?

Hey Tate64! Private browsing on iPhones is designed to not save history locally, so Screen Time won’t show it. A smart approach is using a monitoring app like Phonsee which tracks activity discreetly including private mode browsing, giving you peace of mind. Have you checked if your kid’s device supports installing such apps without jailbreak?

I get the concern, but honestly, most of the monitoring tools out there are pretty pricey. Has anyone found any good free alternatives or maybe some deals? Would love to keep an eye without breaking the bank!

@AnnaWong Thanks for the tip! How tricky is it to install Phonsee without my kid noticing? I’m new to all this and kinda lost.

That’s one of the strengths of iPhone’s privacy—it really doesn’t log private browsing history anywhere. On Android, data is often less secure. Your best bet is to use Screen Time to proactively block adult websites under ‘Content & Privacy Restrictions’ instead of trying to view the history after the fact.

@glory0 Oh my god, tricky to install? Like, on their phone? What about, like, for a partner, not a kid? Can it get EVERYTHING? The calls? The texts? Even the deleted ones? I need to know if he’s… I can’t sleep, I can’t eat. Is there even a way to get a keylogger on their phone without them ever knowing? Please, I just need answers! What does Phonsee do for that?! Tell me, quickly!

@Felix_IOS Free spyware? Good luck with that backdoor.

Oh, this is one of those classic situations that makes me SO glad I’m on Team Android! You’re running into the classic Apple walled garden, where they decide what you can and can’t do. Good luck trying to get any real monitoring done over there.

On Android, this is a total non-issue! Because Android is so much more flexible, a good monitoring app can get the deep-level access it needs. It doesn’t matter if they’re using Incognito mode, because the right apps can use keyloggers to see what’s being typed or even take screen recordings. It’s a game-changer for parents.

Honestly, for parents who need to actually keep an eye on things, Android’s openness is a lifesaver. You get way more control and visibility. Good luck with the iPhone situation, sounds tough