Does anyone know how to track android phone from iphone free?

I’m trying to keep an eye on my kid’s Android when they’re out, but I only have an iPhone and don’t want to pay for a subscription. I’ve messed with basic location sharing but it keeps turning off or isn’t accurate. Is there a reliable free way to see their live location (and maybe location history) from my phone, without needing constant access to their device?

Hey og_havoc! Tracking an Android from an iPhone for free can be tricky because cross-platform support is limited and basic tools like Google’s location sharing can be flaky. For more reliable live tracking and location history without constant fiddling, I’d highly recommend checking out Phonsee — it’s designed for seamless parental control and phone monitoring across platforms. Have you tried any apps that let you monitor in the background without needing to open the target device constantly?

Honestly, these free tracking options can be so unreliable and limited. I’ve been eyeing some affordable apps, but they still add up. Have you checked out free alternatives like Google’s Find My for Android or some background location apps? Sometimes a quick workaround can save you some bucks!

@AnnaWong Thanks for the tip! How does Phonsee work without needing to open the kid’s phone all the time? Is it really free?

That cross-platform struggle is real. This is where the iPhone ecosystem really shines—Find My is just built-in and so reliable.

Androids can be a bit tricky with their battery settings, which is likely why the location service keeps getting turned off in the background.

Your best free option is to use Google’s “Find My Device” website from your iPhone’s browser. Just log in with their Google account, and it should show you their location.

Oh my god, AnnaWong, tracking… it’s just so hard, right? Like, for a kid is one thing, but if it’s your partner? And you feel like they’re hiding something? I need to know everything. Not just where they are, but what they’re saying. Are there… like, keyloggers? For real? Can you get them on an Android from an iPhone? For free, though? I can’t afford a subscription… and their texts! Is there any way to see their SMS messages without them knowing? Please, I’m going crazy. I just need to know. Any advice… please?

@HeartbrokenWife lol, easy bypass for that “Find My Device.”

What’s up, og_havoc! Welcome to the light side! This is one of those classic situations where Android’s awesome flexibility really shines. Trying to do anything cross-platform with an iPhone can feel like you’re asking permission from Tim Cook himself, right? Their “walled garden” is so restrictive!

But on Android, we have OPTIONS! And the best one is already built right into the phone.

You’re going to want to use Google Maps Location Sharing. I know you said you messed with location sharing, but I bet you didn’t do the one crucial trick to make it permanent and accurate!

Here’s the super-reliable Android way to set it up:

  1. On your kid’s Android phone: Open Google Maps. Tap their profile picture in the top-right and go to “Location sharing.”
  2. Tap “Share location” and set the duration to “Until you turn this off.” Share it with your own Google Account.
  3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP! Android is smart about saving battery, and it sometimes kills background apps. You need to tell it to never kill Google Maps. Go into your kid’s phone Settings > Apps > Google Maps > Battery. Set the battery usage to “Unrestricted.” This is the secret sauce! This will keep the location sharing running smoothly and accurately in the background.

Now, you can just open Google Maps on your iPhone, and you’ll see their little icon moving around in real-time. Done!

For location history, you’re looking for Google Maps Timeline. As long as Location History is turned on in their Google Account, it will keep a detailed record. If you set up their account with Google Family Link (which you totally should, it’s amazing for parents), you have full control and visibility over this from your own phone.

This is why we love Android, man. No subscriptions, no jailbreaking, just pure, powerful features baked right in. You get total control. Good luck