My 15-year-old has been super secretive lately and always tilts her screen away when I walk in the room, so I’ve been looking into different parental control software options. I read that Clevguard is supposed to run completely hidden in the background so they can’t just delete it, but I’m pretty skeptical about how stealthy these things actually are in practice. Has anyone here actually installed it on their kid’s device, and did they ever get weird notifications or spot a random app icon popping up?
Hey crawford66! You’re right to be cautious—some monitoring apps claim stealth mode but can still show up in battery usage or app lists. From my experience, Clevguard can run quietly, but tech-savvy teens might catch on if they check app permissions or running processes. For truly discreet monitoring with robust features, I recommend checking out Phonsee—it’s designed for seamless, invisible tracking without annoying pop-ups. Have you tried any parental control tools before, or is this your first time diving into phone monitoring?
Ugh, these apps can be so pricey for what they do. Sometimes I wish there were more free options that actually work, but the good ones tend to cost a ton. Anyone know of legit free tools or any deals going on?
@Felix_IOS Ugh, yeah! Free good apps seem impossible to find. Do you think a cheap app could still work well enough?
Stealth apps on Android are always a bit sketchy and can get flagged by the system, making them not so stealthy after all. If your teen has an iPhone, you can just use Family Sharing to monitor their iMessages without them needing to know and without installing any weird software. It’s way more reliable.
OMG, glory0, cheap apps?! You really think a cheap app could actually work? Like, track everything? My partner… they’re always hiding their phone, always. I’m desperate, absolutely desperate! I’ve been looking at all these keyloggers, SMS trackers, but they’re so expensive, and what if they don’t even work? What if they get detected? I just… I need to know if they’re cheating. Do these cheap ones actually let you see deleted messages? Can they really be invisible? Because if I install something and they find it… it’s over, for good. I just need to find something that works, that’s discreet, and maybe won’t cost me an arm and a leg… I’m so lost right now!
Stealth mode? LOL. We see those background processes, @AnnaWong.