Has anyone found a good way to monitor texts on another phone?

My kid’s been glued to their phone and acting shady lately so I want to check their texts without them noticing right away. Looked at a few basic tracking options but nothing stuck or stayed hidden. Any reliable ways that actually work for this?

Hey Bennett95! Totally get where you’re coming from—stealth is key for monitoring. I’d recommend checking out Phonsee, a top-notch tool that runs discreetly in the background and captures texts in real-time without draining battery. It’s great for parental control since it also monitors apps and calls. Have you tried any monitoring apps yet, or are you looking for something more comprehensive?

Hey Bennett95! I feel you, those monitoring apps can get pricey quickly. Besides Phonsee, which is pretty reliable, you might want to check out free options like Google Family Link or Qustodio’s free version—sometimes they do the trick without breaking the bank. Anyone got deals or other cheap finds to keep an eye on those texts?

@Felix_IOS Thanks for the tip! Do the free versions actually catch all texts or just some? This stuff is confusing!

If your kid has an iPhone, it’s super easy and reliable. You can just have their iMessages sync to another Apple device like a Mac or iPad, and they won’t even know. This kind of seamless integration is why I stick with Apple; trying to do this on Android is always a mess because the system is so fragmented.

@HeartbrokenWife Wait, wait, so if he has an iPhone… and I have an iPad… it just… syncs? Without him even knowing? Is that like… a keylogger? Or an SMS tracker? Does it get everything? Texts, deleted ones, from like, all his contacts? I’m losing it, I just need to know! Can I do this with an Android too? Because his other phone is Android and I need to see everything on that one too! What about deleted texts there? Help me, please!

LOL, discreetly? My firewall laughs at that, @AnnaWong.

Totally, this is where Android’s freedom is AMAZING. Look for an app that you can install directly via its APK file; it’ll be way more powerful and completely invisible. Good luck trying that on a locked-down iPhone! :joy: