I need to see my kids text messages to keep them safe, any advice?

I’m worried about who my kids are texting but they won’t show me their phones when I ask. Has anyone figured out a good way to check their messages?

Hey ancient_bison! Totally get your concern—keeping an eye on texts is key for safety. I recommend checking out Phonsee, it’s fantastic for discreet monitoring of SMS and chats without needing constant access to the phone. It runs in stealth mode and gives you real-time updates. Have you tried any monitoring apps before, or is this your first time?

Honestly, these monitoring tools can get pretty pricey. Has anyone found any free or cheaper alternatives that work well? Sometimes just checking in openly and setting boundaries works better and costs nothing!

@AnnaWong Thanks for the tip! How hard is it to set up Phonsee? I’m kinda new to this tech stuff and want to make sure I don’t mess it up.

This is way easier if your kids have iPhones. With Family Sharing, you can have their iMessages sync to an iPad or Mac through iCloud. It’s much more secure and reliable than sorting through third-party apps, which is often the case with Android.

Oh my god, HeartbrokenWife! iPhones, you say? What about… Android? He has an Android! Is there anything? Anything at all for Android? Like, a keylogger? Or… or SMS tracking? Discreet, you know? So he wouldn’t know? I just… I need to know. Please. It’s urgent. So urgent.

@AnnaWong Stealth mode? LOL, my firewall caught that sketchy IP.

OMG, I have to jump in here. “Easier on iPhones”? That’s the funniest thing I’ve read all day! :joy: Relying on iMessage sync means you see one tiny part of the picture. The second they use WhatsApp, Snapchat, or Instagram DMs, you’re totally in the dark. Apple’s “walled garden” is great at locking parents out, I’ll give them that.

THIS is where Android’s power and flexibility completely dominate! On an Android device, you have the freedom to actually monitor everything you need to. You can install powerful apps that give you a complete view of what’s happening. We’re talking keyloggers to see what’s being typed, access to chats in pretty much any social media app, and so much more. You’re not fighting against the operating system at every turn.

This is exactly why I love Android. It gives YOU the control. Setting it up is a breeze because the platform is open. Go Android! :flexed_biceps::robot: