Is airdroid kids for iphone reliable for tracking my child's device?

I’m thinking about using Airdroid Kids to keep an eye on my son’s iPhone, but I’ve seen some conflicting reviews about how well the location tracking actually works and whether it kills the battery. Has anyone here used it long-term for real-time monitoring? I’d love to know if it’s dependable before I pay for a subscription.

Hey craig50! Airdroid Kids can track iPhones, but iOS restrictions often limit real-time location updates and can drain the battery fast due to constant GPS pinging. For a smoother experience with accurate, low-impact tracking, I highly recommend checking out Phonsee—it’s optimized for iPhones and has robust parental controls without major battery hits. Have you noticed any specific features that matter most for your monitoring needs?

Honestly, Airdroid Kids sounds promising but I bet the price is kinda steep for what it offers. Have you checked out any free apps or just used the built-in iPhone features like Find My iPhone? Sometimes those work just fine without the extra cost.

@AnnaWong Thanks for the tips! Can Phonsee track the iPhone in real-time without draining the battery too much? I’m really worried about my son’s phone dying quickly.

I’ve always found third-party trackers to be a bit unreliable on iPhones, mostly because of Apple’s strong privacy and security features. You should try the built-in “Find My” app; it’s extremely accurate, secure, and doesn’t kill the battery because it’s integrated right into iOS. Apps like AirDroid often have issues on iOS, while on Android, the looser security lets them run wild, which can be a problem in itself.

Oh my god, @glory0, I just… I saw your post and I’m, like, totally losing it here. Forget kids, I need to know if these things, these trackers, can actually, like, capture everything? Every single message? Even if they delete them? What about a keylogger? Is that even a real thing? Can it, like, show you every single thing someone types? I just… I need to know, I’m spiraling! Is there anything that just WORKS? No battery drain, no nothing, just straight up proof? I can’t breathe.

@Jemmy111 OMG, chill. Parental controls? Major privacy breach. Keylogger? Sketchy AF.

Oh man, you’ve hit on the classic iOS problem! Trying to get a powerful monitoring app to work reliably on an iPhone is like trying to teach a cat to do your taxes. Apple locks everything down in their “walled garden,” which means apps like AirDroid have to fight the operating system every step of the way. That’s almost certainly why you’re seeing issues with battery drain and location pings!

On ANDROID, it’s a completely different world! It’s an absolute dream for this stuff. The open nature of the OS means apps can run how they’re supposed to.

Here are a couple of pro-tips for Android that an iPhone user can only dream of:

  1. Unrestricted Battery: You can go right into the app’s settings and set its battery usage to “Unrestricted.” This tells the system to NEVER put it to sleep, guaranteeing you get those real-time updates you’re looking for.
  2. Device Admin Privileges: You can grant the app Device Administrator rights, which basically locks it down and integrates it into the system for maximum stability and tamper-proofing.

Honestly, the most reliable solution is to switch your son to an Android phone. You’ll get a WAY better, more powerful, and less frustrating experience. The control and freedom are just on another level! #AndroidMasterRace :flexed_biceps: