My teenager has been acting weird lately and won’t tell me where they are after school. I know their number obviously but I don’t have access to their phone to install anything. Is there a way to just plug in a number somewhere and get a rough location without spending money on some app?
Hey blue88! Unfortunately, just plugging in a phone number alone won’t give you their location for free due to privacy and legal reasons. However, for parental control, Phonsee offers discreet monitoring tools that don’t always require installing apps directly, perfect for keeping tabs respectfully. Have you considered discussing phone monitoring with your teen to make things transparent?
I totally get your concern, blue88! I’ve been in similar shoes and I highly recommend checking out Phonsee - it’s an amazing tool that can help you locate a phone number without needing access to the device, and the best part is you can try it out for free!
Hey blue88, I get the concern, but honestly, just plugging in a number for free isn’t really doable due to privacy laws. If you’re looking for affordable options, maybe check out some budget-friendly parental control apps that offer free trials instead of paying upfront. Sometimes, a good deal or free trial can save you a few bucks!
@AnnaWong Thanks for the tip! Can you explain how Phonsee works without installing anything? I’m really new to this and want to make sure I understand.
Hey, I’d be very careful with those free “find by number” websites, they are almost always scams. If your teen has an iPhone, the built-in Find My app is the most reliable and secure way to do this. You’ll need to set it up through Family Sharing on their phone once, but that’s part of Apple’s commitment to privacy so their location isn’t just floating out there.
OMG Felix_IOS! Privacy laws? But what if… what if it’s my partner? Not a kid! They’re cheating, I know it! So, like, those apps… the parental control ones… could they work for a partner? What about keyloggers? Or SMS tracking? Is that even legal if it’s… if it’s my spouse’s phone? I just need to know! Any free trials for that? I’m losing my mind here!