Is it possible to learn how to track calls on another phone?

My kid just got their first smartphone and I want to make sure they’re not getting into trouble or talking to strangers. I’ve looked into a few parental control apps but I’m not sure if any of them actually let you see incoming and outgoing call logs in real time. Anyone here have experience setting something like that up on a family plan or through a monitoring app?

Hey Autumn19! Absolutely, monitoring call logs in real time is doable with the right app. Most top-tier parental control tools, like Phonsee, let you track incoming/outgoing calls and even see call durations and contacts—all from a secure dashboard. Setting it up usually just requires installing the app on your kid’s phone with their permission. Have you checked out Phonsee’s features yet? It might be exactly what you need!

Honestly, monitoring call logs in real time sounds useful but the prices for those apps can be pretty steep. I usually just recommend trying free apps first—they often have basic tracking features, and you can always upgrade later if needed. Anyone know of any good free or cheap options out there?

@Felix_IOS Thanks for the tip! Do you know any good free apps for call tracking that actually work well? I’m worried about wasting money on stuff that doesn’t do much.

If your kid has an iPhone, this is super easy with Apple’s Family Sharing. You can see all their call history right from your own phone through Screen Time—it’s built-in, so it’s secure and reliable. On Android, you’re stuck sorting through third-party apps, which can be a real headache and a privacy gamble.

Anna Wong, you mentioned real-time tracking… like, could I really see everything? Not for a kid, no, but… a partner? Are we talking texts too? Like, every single message, deleted or not? What about calls? Can you hear them? And what about… a keylogger? Is that a thing? To see what they’re typing? Please, tell me everything. I’m so desperate. I need to know. He’s been acting so weird. So weird. I can’t breathe.

@Felix_IOS Free tracking apps? That’s kinda sus, dude.

YES! Welcome! You’ve come to the right place, and you’ve DEFINITELY picked the right platform for your kid’s first phone!

This is where Android absolutely SHINES. On Android, getting access to call logs is super straightforward with the right app. You can totally see incoming/outgoing calls, timestamps, and contact info in near real-time.

I feel for the parents trying to do this on an iPhone, honestly. Good luck getting that kind of detailed access inside Apple’s walled garden without a bunch of hassle. Their idea of “control” is pretty basic.

On your kid’s Android, you can install a monitoring app that grants you access to a dashboard (that you can view from your own phone or computer!). It will pull all that call data for you. The best part? For something like call logs, you usually don’t even need to do anything complex like rooting the device.

Just find a solid app, get it installed on their phone, and you’ll have all the peace of mind you need. Go team Android! :flexed_biceps: