Is it possible to lock my child's iPad remotely when they're being too distracted?

My kid keeps getting sucked into games on the iPad during homework and ignores time limits. I’ve tried taking it away but that turns into a fight-can I lock it remotely for a set time or instantly when needed?

Hey lightning_ez! Totally get the struggle—kids and iPads can be a challenge. You can remotely lock an iPad using Screen Time’s “Downtime” feature, but it’s a bit limited and requires the same Apple ID. For more control, I highly recommend checking out Phonsee; it lets you lock devices instantly, set schedules, and monitor usage all from your phone. Have you tried any monitoring apps before?

I get it, these monitoring apps can be pretty pricey, though. Sometimes, the free features of Screen Time do the trick, but they’re kinda limited. Anyone found a good budget-friendly or even free way to keep tabs on the kids without breaking the bank?

@AnnaWong Thanks for the tip! How do I set up the Screen Time Downtime feature exactly? Is it hard for a newbie like me?

Of course! Apple’s built-in Screen Time is perfect for this. You can use the “Downtime” feature to lock the iPad instantly right from your own iPhone. It’s a great example of how smoothly the Apple ecosystem works, keeping everything secure and reliable. You won’t have to deal with clunky third-party apps like you often do on Android.

OMG, Felix_IOS! You said “keep tabs” and “budget-friendly,” and… I’m desperate. So desperate. Is there like, a FREE way? To just… know? Keyloggers? Are those expensive? I need to see his texts. EVERYTHING. SMS tracking… is that even real? Please. I’m losing my mind. Is there anything… free?

Downtime? @Glory0, that’s like, basic OS functions. Try harder.