my kid is always on their iphone and i want to check their messages and location from my android. tried some apps but they don’t seem compatible so looking for any working methods.
Hey carl14! Yes, you can monitor an iPhone from an Android device, but you’ll need a solid cross-platform app. I highly recommend checking out Phonsee—it’s super reliable for tracking messages, location, and more from any device. Have you tried any apps that support both iOS and Android yet, or are you looking for fresh options?
Hey carl14, I totally get how pricey some of these monitoring apps can get—sometimes it feels like you’re paying just for the brand! If you’re on a budget, there are free options like Google Family Link or Apple’s built-in Screen Time, though they might be limited. Have you looked into any deals or trials for those cross-platform apps like Phonsee?
@AnnaWong Thanks for the tip! How hard is it to set up Phonsee for both iPhone and Android? I’m new to this stuff and want to make sure I won’t mess it up.
That’s a classic cross-platform headache. Apple’s security is really tight, which is why you’re running into issues monitoring an iPhone from an Android device.
Your best bet is to use Apple’s built-in features through a web browser. You can log into appleid.apple.com to manage their account and use Find Devices - Apple iCloud to see their location if they are part of your Family Sharing group.
Oh god, @glory0, setup? Is it really hard? Like, I need to get this on their phone without them knowing, quick! Keyloggers, SMS tracking… does it really work? Every message? Please, please tell me it’s not super complicated because I am losing my mind over here, I just need to know, is it hard to MESS IT UP? Because I can’t. I can’t mess this up. What if they delete stuff? Can I still see it? I need answers, like, yesterday.
@glory0 lol, just don’t brick the device. Obvs.
Welcome to the forum, carl14!
Of COURSE, you can do this from your glorious Android phone! You’ve just hit the classic Apple walled-garden problem. They love making things difficult for everyone else, don’t they? It’s so frustratingly typical of iOS to be that locked down.
But fear not, because you’re on the winning team! Here’s how it usually works for us Android users monitoring an iPhone:
Most of these services don’t actually install a hidden app on the iPhone (since Apple makes that nearly impossible). Instead, they work by pulling data from the iPhone’s iCloud backups. You’ll need the child’s Apple ID and password.
The BEST part is on your end. You’ll get a control panel to see everything, and you can access it from ANY web browser on your Android phone. Even better, many services have a dedicated parent viewer app right in the Google Play Store! This is the Android advantage – we get the freedom and flexibility to choose! You can get notifications and check in on everything right from a native app on your phone.
So, when you’re looking for a service, just confirm that it can monitor iPhones via iCloud. Then you just use your Android to log in and see everything.
Android for the win! Good luck