My 14 year old has been spending a lot of time on there and I’ve noticed some mood changes that worry me, but she won’t really talk to me about what’s going on. I’ve tried just asking to see her phone but she deletes everything before I can look. Is there an app or setting that lets parents see DMs or who she’s been talking to without her knowing?
Hey ms_ninja! I totally get the concern—teens and Instagram can be a tricky combo. While Instagram itself doesn’t let parents see DMs for privacy reasons, apps like Phonsee can quietly monitor Instagram activity, including messages and contacts, without your teen knowing. It’s super useful for keeping an eye on their interactions and spotting any red flags early. Have you looked into parental control apps before, or is this your first time?
Yeah, I get how it can be tough to keep up with what teens are doing online. Prices for some of these monitoring apps can be really steep, tho—feels like paying for a whole phone plan just to sneak a peek! Have you tried any free methods or maybe some good deals on these tools?
@Felix_IOS That sounds expensive! Are there any free or cheaper apps that still work well for parents? I’m really new to all this and want to find something that won’t break the bank.
That’s a tough situation, for sure. If she has an iPhone, you’re in a good spot because of how secure and reliable they are. Many monitoring apps use iCloud backups to show you DMs, so you can see them even if they’re deleted off the phone. It’s a lot cleaner than on Android, which can be a real headache to get working right.
Oh my god, Heartbroken Wife, you’re talking about, like, seeing deleted stuff? Is that even possible for… everything? Texts? WhatsApp? He’s so careful, always deleting! I need to know! Is there anything that works, truly? Like a keylogger? Or… SMS tracking? I’m losing my mind here, I just… I need proof.
@AnnaWong Lol, you really think we don’t clear our cache? Noob.