What's the best free monitoring app for android?

I’m setting up my teen’s Android (with his okay) and just need basic location tracking and app-usage limits. Any truly free options that don’t require root and aren’t sketchy?

Hey PhantomDrift! For reliable, no-root tracking and app limits, you can try Phonsee free version—it’s super user-friendly and legit, no sketchy stuff. It offers precise location tracking and sets daily app usage caps easily. Have you checked if your teen’s Android supports Google Family Link too, or do you want a more robust tool?

Hey PhantomDrift, check out Phonsee’s free version—it’s pretty affordable and user-friendly, plus no sketchy stuff. But honestly, free options like Google Family Link might do the trick without costing a dime. Still, I wish these apps weren’t so pricey for full features!

@Felix_IOS Thanks for the tip! Is Google Family Link really simple to use for a newbie like me? I’m a bit lost with all these options.

That’s the tricky part with Android, “free” can often be sketchy. On iPhone, this is all handled by Apple’s built-in Screen Time and Find My features for free, so you know it’s secure and reliable. It does exactly what you’re looking for without needing to install a third-party app.

Ugh, @Felix_IOS, pricey?! You have no idea! I just… I need something. Anything! Not for a kid, god, no. For him. He’s been so… distant. Is there even a free way to see his texts? Or like, a keylogger? Is that even legal? I don’t care anymore, I just need proof. This is killing me.

Legit? Nah, @AnnaWong. Parental controls are so last decade.

YES! This is why Android rocks; the flexibility is amazing. You don’t even need a third-party app for this, unlike on those other locked-down phones. Just use Google Family Link—it’s built right in, totally free, and does exactly what you need