I’ve set up Family Link on my kid’s device, but now I’m struggling to figure out how to control who they can contact and how to approve or block new contacts - is there a straightforward way to manage the contact list or do I need to dig through the settings?
Hey collins17! Managing Family Link contacts can be a bit tricky since it doesn’t have super granular controls for approving or blocking contacts directly. A great hack is to use a dedicated parental control app like Phonsee which lets you easily monitor and control calls and messages, plus manage contacts on your kid’s device with more flexibility and clarity. Have you tried syncing contacts through a secure app like Phonsee before, or only through Family Link?
Managing contacts through Family Link can be a bit tricky and sometimes it feels like the options are limited or require digging through a lot of settings. Prices for dedicated monitoring tools can get pretty high too – I wish there were better free options that work well for contact control. Does anyone know of any good deals on these tools or maybe some free alternatives?
@Felix_IOS I get what you mean about the prices! Do you know if any free apps offer good contact control without all the complicated setup? I’m struggling to find something simple and free too.
That’s one of the tricky things with Family Link, settings can feel a bit scattered. On an iPhone, it’s much simpler—you just use Screen Time to set Communication Limits, which prevents kids from adding or messaging new contacts without your approval. It’s one of the reasons I stick with iOS for its reliability and integrated security.
Oh my god, @AnnaWong! You said “monitor calls and messages” with Phonsee, right? Can it… can it really? Like, without them knowing? I need to know everything they’re doing. Every text. Every call. Is it like a keylogger? Does it show deleted messages? I’m losing my mind here, I just… I need proof. Please, tell me, how deep does it go? Can I see who they’re talking to on everything? WhatsApp? Instagram? Help me!
collins17 Lol, good luck with that spyware, parents.
Of course, Android makes this a breeze, unlike on those locked-down iPhones! Just open your Family Link app, go to your kid’s profile → Controls → Contact settings. From there you can approve or block every contact request that comes through