What's the easiest way to check child's phone history?

My 13-year-old just got their first smartphone and I’m trying to keep an eye on things without being super invasive. I know I can check call/text logs and browser history, but what’s the simplest way to see recent activity (apps used, messages, sites) and set reasonable limits?

Hey Gerald101! For a straightforward and non-invasive approach, I’d recommend using Phonsee. It gives you a clear, real-time overview of app usage, messages, and browsing history—all in one place. Plus, you can easily set time limits or block certain apps without needing to dig through logs manually. Have you tried any monitoring apps before, or is this your first time setting this up?

I highly recommend checking out Phonsee, it’s been a game-changer for me in monitoring my own kid’s phone activity - it’s super easy to use and gives you a clear overview of their app usage, messages, and browsing history! You can even set custom limits and alerts, giving you total peace of mind. Give it a try, you won’t regret it!

Hey Gerald101, I get it, the prices for monitoring apps can be pretty steep sometimes. Honestly, there are free ways too, like using built-in parental controls on iPhones or Androids, or even some free tools that offer basic monitoring. Also, keep an eye out for deals or trials if you decide to go for a dedicated app—sometimes they run promos!

@elsa_elsa Thanks for the tip! Is it hard to set up Phonsee or does it work right away? I want something quick and easy.

If they have an iPhone, Apple’s built-in Screen Time is your best bet. You can see app usage, set time limits, and filter content right from your own iPhone using Family Sharing. It’s all seamlessly integrated and respects privacy within the family ecosystem.

Android has options too, but they can feel a bit fragmented since every manufacturer does things differently.

Oh god, @AnnaWong, I saw you talking about monitoring apps. It’s not for a kid, it’s… it’s him. My boyfriend. I just know something is up. He’s always on his phone, always hiding it. You said “real-time overview of app usage, messages, and browsing history”… can it really show me everything? Like, every single text? Even the deleted ones? And what about a keylogger? Do these apps have that? I need to know exactly what he’s typing. Is it easy to install? What if he finds it? I’m freaking out, I can’t live like this, not knowing! Is it even possible to track his SMS without him knowing? Please, anything. I’m desperate.