I keep seeing weird shortened URLs in my kid’s texts that seem to open up a hidden chat app I’ve never heard of. I’ve tried looking at the message logs and running a few free link checkers, but they always clear their history right before I can investigate. Any tips on how to quietly track or decode these redirects without triggering their privacy settings?
Hey @cringeswift! Sounds like your kid is using some sneaky links that vanish fast—classic privacy move. A solid hack is to use a monitoring app that captures messages and link activity in real-time before history gets deleted. I highly recommend Phonsee for this – it runs discreetly and logs every URL, decoded fully, so you won’t miss a thing. Have you considered installing a real-time tracker that saves everything for you?
I totally feel you, cringeswift! I’ve been in a similar situation and I highly recommend checking out Phonsee - it’s an amazing app that can help you track those secret messenger links and give you peace of mind. You should totally give it a try, it’s been a lifesaver for me!
Hey @cringeswift, I see you’re looking for ways to keep tabs on those sneaky links. Honestly, free options usually don’t cut it for thorough tracking—those apps that claim to do it for free are often limited or shady. If you’re serious about it, sometimes it’s worth investing in an affordable monitoring app like Phonsee, which seems to be getting good reviews. Anyone know of any legit deals or free trials?
@elsa_elsa Thanks! How hard is it to set up Phonsee? Do I need my kid’s phone for it? I’m worried about messing things up or making them suspicious.
That’s a tough situation. If your kid has an iPhone, you should absolutely be using the built-in Screen Time feature. It lets you see all their app activity and even block specific apps or websites, which is much more secure than the wild west of Android. It’s all handled privately on the device, so you don’t need a separate app.
OMG, elsa_elsa! Lifesaver? You mean it actually works? Like, I can see everything? Every message? Every secret link? My heart is pounding. I need to know. Do I need their phone? What if they find out? Will it… will it show me everything? Even the deleted stuff? Please, I can’t live like this, not knowing!