How to Spy on Devices Connected to My Wi-Fi
The invention of Wi-Fi has made our lives easier on many accounts. You can eliminate the wire mess all over the house by bringing all the active devices under a single network. The question is, can you see what someone is doing on their phone through Wi-Fi?
The answer is yes. Although it sounds unethical, you may have valid reasons to monitor your underage children or a cheating spouse. Whatever your reason is, we’re about to answer your question “how to monitor devices on my Wi-Fi” for good.
Table Of Contents
Can You Spy on Someone Through Wi-Fi?
As we’ve already clarified, you can spy through Wi-Fi router. How you want to do it will determine the depth of knowledge you need about different technologies.
Generally, there are three main ways to spy on devices connected to your Wi-Fi router. Let’s explore them in a little more detail.
- Third-Party Monitoring Apps: Such apps are the most reliable and impactful way to learn how to spy on iPhone through Wi-Fi. Of course, it also goes for Android devices. Tools like Phonsee, mSpy, and Eyezy allow you to monitor network activity and individual apps. You also get to set alerts for specific actions on the target device so that you can take the necessary steps in real time.
- Router’s Built-in Features: Most modern Wi-Fi routers have built-in monitoring tools. In most cases, you can monitor their network activity and bandwidth usage. Also, you get to set limits or add child filters to block certain websites. Where the built-in features lack is the actual monitoring of the apps. As it’s unethical to tap into someone’s WhatsApp or other messaging apps, router manufacturers won’t allow you to access them.
- Network Scanners: A bit more advanced than routers and third-party monitoring tools, network scanners can read into the target device’s IP and MAC addresses. More advanced scanners can read text messages and monitor messaging apps such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. The drawback is that you need to spend a lot of money on these scanners and be technically savvy enough to set them up.
How to See What People Are Doing on Your Wi-Fi with Third-Party Apps
Considering all the options on how to spy on someone through Wi-Fi, third-party apps are the best solution. They allow you to access the target device and all its contents without a deep technical understanding of how spying works.
What are the options, you ask? Check out the table below for the best Wi-Fi spy app.
From what we’ve seen, Phonsee is the best Wi-Fi spy app. With the desktop or mobile app, you can monitor practically all devices connected to your home network.
For this to work, you’ll need a USB charging cable and access to the target device for a few minutes. Also, the computer you use to do it and the target device must be on the same network for Phonsee to work.
That’s the way it works:
- You install the Phonsee app on your desktop. It doesn’t matter whether you use Windows or Mac; the app will work similarly on both.
- Connect the target device you want to spy on with the USB cable.
- Open the Phonsee app and scan the target device. Give the app time to download the data from the device.
- You can now disconnect the phone. Even after this, Phonsee will keep monitoring messages from WhatsApp, LINE, Viber, and even regular text messages.
When installing and using Phonsee to monitor devices on your Wi-Fi, you may face a few problems.
A common one we see is your computer not recognizing the target phone. It happens when you use a USB hub to connect the phone. To avoid this issue, connect the phone directly to your desktop or laptop.
Another common problem is that the target device might disconnect. Users reported that it occurs when the target and parent devices are on different networks. Check your phone’s Wi-Fi menu to ensure you’re connected to the same network.
What Information Does Phonsee Wi-Fi Spy App Offer?
Phonsee is a comprehensive spy app that can extract everything you want to know about a target device, all using your Wi-Fi network. You can expect to extract data for:
- WhatsApp messages
- Call logs
- Line App
- Browsing history
- And lots of other social apps.
How to Install Phonsee on the Target Phone
Let’s get you started with Phonsee and its Wi-Fi monitoring feature. It’s a straightforward process with only four steps.
Step 1: Download and Install the App
After you purchase the appropriate subscription for Phonsee, download the desktop app. You’ll find it for both Windows and MAC. Once the app installs, log in to your newly created account.
Step 2: Pair the Target Phone with the App with a USB Cable
Get access to the target iPhone and connect it to the PC with a USB cable. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing.
Step 3: Extract Information from the App
Once the pairing is successful, let Phonsee do its job and extract all the required information from the target phone.
Step 4: Disconnect the Target Phone
Now, you’re ready to disconnect the iPhone and put it back in its place. You’re ready to use the Wi-Fi network spy that works remotely now!
Eyezy is yet another very popular monitoring and parental control app. It follows the motto “Knowing over hoping.” In other words, the app targets people who are worried about the well-being of their underage children or the loyalty of their partners.
Although Eyezy offers many monitoring features, such as Social Spotlight, Web Magnifier, Magic Alerts, Phone Analyzer, and so on, our focus is on the Wi-Fi sync feature. It’s a blend of all the available features of the spy through the Wi-Fi app but targeted at wireless devices.
As the name suggests, it syncs all the devices on your Wi-Fi network.
Once installed, you can use the app to:
- Monitor the target device’s social media.
- Get access to their call log.
- Read messages across social platforms like WhatsApp, Line, and Kik.
How to Install and Use Eyezy
While the app’s operations are advanced, the application itself is straightforward. You can start by completing only three steps.
- Get the application on your Windows or MAC.
- Connect the target device to your PC with the USB cable.
- Allow Eyezy to scan and download the information from the device.
As we’ve seen with Phonsee, the best part is that you don’t have to connect the phone again. As long as you can discreetly connect the target device once with Eyezy, you’ll keep getting alerts and monitor its activity.
mSpy is undoubtedly one of the biggest names when it comes to parental control apps. Did you know that you can also use it to learn how to spy on internet activity through Wi-Fi? It is possible thanks to the Phone Spy component of the platform.
As it happens, mSpy is the best tool to spy on iPhone through Wi-Fi. Very few options are as discreet as this one. It remains hidden even if you install the app on the target device. Also, if you know the target’s Apple ID, it’s a matter of seconds to get mSpy up and running.
You don’t even need jailbreak to install mSpy on your iPhone. It works natively and offers over 30 monitoring features. From Snapchat to WhatsApp to Skype, you can keep an eye on everything with the single app. It also provides geolocation to make things.
How to Install and Use mSpy
To use mSpy to spy on text messages through Wi-Fi, you need to follow a few steps.
- Visit mSpy website and open an account.
- Purchase the subscription that suits your needs.
- Download the mStar app for desktop.
- Open the app and log in using the credentials you generated during sign-up.
- After logging in, choose “Set up a new device.”
- Choose “Connect iPhone/iPad”. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the target device using a USB cable.
- You should receive a pop-up on your iPhone that says, “Trust This Computer?” Press “Trust” and enter the passcode to connect both devices.
- Once the device is connected, follow the on-screen instructions to download the information.
How to Spy on Devices Connected to My Wi-Fi Free?
If you’re not willing to pay for third-party services to learn how to spy on someone through Wi-Fi, there are also free methods. Of course, these methods will not offer even a fraction of the information you can get with dedicated tools.
But if this is what you want, here are some options:
Google Home App
The Google Home Application offers a list of the connected devices on your Wi-Fi network. But that’s about you. You can’t extract other details, such as what these devices are doing or how much bandwidth they use.
On the bright side, you can get helpful data about the connected devices’ IP and MAC addresses.
How to Spy Using Hotspot
When you connect to a hotspot network, it’s essentially using the Wi-Fi feature. So, the principal concept of spying through a router and a hotspot is the same. In all cases, you must ensure the target and the parent devices are on the same network. The rest of the process remains the same.
Yes, you can gain access to their exact activities through Wi-Fi. All you need is a third-party tool like Phonsee.
If you’re using a third-party Wi-Fi router spy app or advanced equipment like network scanners, you can read someone’s text messages through Wi-Fi.
Yes, you can find the complete list of clients with their IP addresses using the built-in features of your Wi-Fi router.
Yes, with a proper tool, you can see what websites people are using with your Wi-Fi. You can even block certain websites to protect children from harmful content on the internet.
Public Wi-Fi networks are a prime target for hackers because most networks don’t use the standard safety protocol. You risk losing sensitive information when you use unsecure networks.
Now you know how to spy on someone through Wi-Fi. You may have never thought it was as simple as installing third-party software to monitor all the devices connected to your router. It’s a lifesaver for working parents or concerned partners. Or, simply extract data from the connected devices using the free methods we’ve shared!